i carry your heart with me by E. E. Cummings
i carry your heart with me(i carry it in
my heart)i am never without it(anywhere
i go you go,my dear; and whatever is done
by only me is your doing,my darling)
![]() |
| Some of my Summertime Roses |
February is National Heart Disease Prevention Month. Isn't it time to find out the answer to "What do your inherited genetics and your heart health numbers have in common?" I've read this book and is serves as another reminder to be good to your heart!
The Heart Health Numbers (which is my pet name for them) help take out the mystery of at least a few heart GENETIC predisposition worries that some of us know are in our gene pool. I for one, am such a lady. At times, don't we all like being an ostrich? However, the power of KNOWING some key heart health numbers takes some sting and unknown into the light of day and propels us forward to better health!
My numbers recently spoke to me - regardless of the healthy life style I try to live by. After feeling shock, disbelief and denial; my silver lining aha moment arrived. I can be in control and do something to make the difference!
Source Image: Bing
You all know out there, RIGHT? - You- ladies who are dressing in red this month! Please tell me you know some of your heart health numbers, not just your blood pressure. Okay- start with the BP, but take it FURTHER. Start with your bp number! Stick your arm in the bp heart machines located in almost every grocery store or pharmacy and let it rip! Find out what your range is!
![]() |
| But Show Your Heart Some Love this Month! |
![]() |
| http://www.active.com/nutrition/articles/celebrate-heart-health-month |
My discovery, a blessing was a well taken to heart warning - start your repair. “Heart disease affects men and women and now, unfortunately, at younger ages."
![]() |
| "You don't have to be a heart surgeon to save lives — just an advocate willing to speak out." Source: http://my.americanheart.org/professional/index.jsp |
Let the heart repair begin! So; only one way forward, pro-active. Plan of Attack: Move more, add weights, eat less and learn to eat better via Weight Watchers. Starting Weight Watchers allows me to feel pampered; as I am now WAY pickier with foods than I ever was. My own good reason to eat healthy.
Check out the new "Love the Simply Start Jump Start Plan "
at
http://www.weightwatchers.com/plan/apr/index.aspx
at
http://www.weightwatchers.com/plan/apr/index.aspx
This is my launch month with my new blog here at Getting to the Heart of the Matter.
I will write about actual healthy recipes I've enjoyed from WWatchers and ones that work for the heart with live feedback and recipe tidbits! Also some new using weight friendly exercises for women -So - stay tuned!
I will write about actual healthy recipes I've enjoyed from WWatchers and ones that work for the heart with live feedback and recipe tidbits! Also some new using weight friendly exercises for women -So - stay tuned!
Any other saving graces in this heart awakening moment?
Continual Meditations with Gratitude, thanks and love for each blessed morning awaken to enjoy. Thank you dear heart for yet the remaining beats I have left to enjoy this glorious life!
For more on Wellness, stop and see my other blog here http://awellnessfit.blogspot.com/
Remember,
Namaste









No comments:
Post a Comment